Monday, June 27, 2011

More Inspirational Quotes

I've been hunkered down and writing up a storm on my WIP, so I haven't written a blog post for today. Instead, I have more quotes for you. Enjoy!

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
- Tom Clancy

One has to be just a little crazy to write a great novel.
- John Gardner

I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die.
- Isaac Asimov

You have to write whichever book it is that wants to be written. And then, if it's going to be too difficult for grown-ups, you write it for children.
- Madeleine L'Engle

If you stay true to your characters, the story will take care of itself.
- Eve Byron

Close the door. Write with *no one* looking over your shoulder. Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer.
- Barbara Kingsolver

Writing is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent elimination.
- Louise Brooks

Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don’t feel I should be doing something else.
- Gloria Steinem

This manuscript of yours that has just come back from another editor is a precious package. Don't consider it rejected. Consider that you've addressed it 'to the editor who can appreciate my work' and it has simply come back stamped 'not at this address.' Just keep looking for the right address.
- Barbara Kingsolver

Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a best-seller that could have been prevented by a good teacher.
- Flannery O'Conner

An original writer is not one who imitates nobody, but one whom nobody can imitate.
- de Chateaubriand

The shorter and plainer the better.
- Beatrix Potter

Get it down. Take chances. It may be bad, but it's the only way you can do anything really good.
- William Faulkner

Being creative is head-pounding, nail-biting, hard work no matter what your profession. So bottom line—ya gotta find the humor in it or you'll die like a rat on the road.
- Richard Krzemien

2 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

"You have to write whichever book it is that wants to be written. And then, if it's going to be too difficult for grown-ups, you write it for children.
- Madeleine L'Engle "

Love this one!

Natalie Aguirre said...

There are so many good ones here. The one by Tom Clancy made me smile.