Monday, May 13, 2013

Fiction Fun: Procrastination and My Old Man


I was going through some old folders over the weekend and found a bunch of poems I wrote waaay back in college. It was a pleasant surprise. :) So, I thought I'd share one of them with you all. Enjoy!

Procrastination and My Old Man
Thick, wet snowflakes float to the ground
Covering everything with white
My father's footprints the only imperfection
I am an ass for coming
For following him
To his favorite tree by the creek
He is slumped against the sturdy trunk
Nursing a bottle of Old Crow
He lifts heavy lids, blinking his blood-shot eyes
"Time to go home, eh?"
Next time, I won't come

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love finding old writing. Sometimes I surprise myself with the quality, but most of the time it's a nice reminder of how far I've come. :)

Catherine Stine said...

Heavy duty poem. I wish I'd saved more writing and drawing from way back when!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had old writing to look over, during my move from Germany to England (way back) I lost a scrapbook full. Can't tell you how heartbroken I felt!